A Challenging October
A CHALLENGING OCTOBER
October is full of art and writing challenges. Whether you are participating in something like drawtober or word Wednesdays, we want to feature this work! We are looking to build out a virtual publication that will feature the wonderful art and writings of Panel One members. This virtual publication will have a short submission window from October 9 – 27, 2020. The goal: provide our members with it for Halloween! The virtual document will be a pay-what-you-can fundraising opportunity.
For those who submit to A Challenging October, you will receive a digital copy for your own distribution. Once COVID-19 is no longer an issue for our print team, contributors will be provided with two print copies.
Interested? Here are the details:
- All submissions must be submitted to email@example.com by October 27, 2020.
- You can submit any work you have previously done, does not need to be challenge specific and does not need to revolve around any theme – TOTALLY open-ended but keep in mind that this should be for audiences 13 +.
- For art entries – please place in an 8″ by 10.5″ or 8″ by 5.25″ format in JPEG, PDF or PNG file. These submissions should only be one page in length following these guidelines.
- For writing entries with strict text, please ensure you are using a document file like a word or google docs and identify the desired font. Writing should also be submitted for an 8″ by 10.5″ or 8″ by 5.25″ format. This can include scripts, poetry, short stories, etc.
- Credits for all work need to be included in the email copy of your submission as you want them to appear in the publication.
- All submissions should be conscious of Panel One’s Diversity Statement, any submissions violating this will not be included in the publication.